Head Chef – Health Conscious, Vegetarian Buffet
Blue Spirit is one of the foremost world-class wellness retreat centers in the world, providing an extraordinary setting to all who are dedicated to spiritual transformation, personal growth, and environmental sustainability.
The Blue Spirit culinary experience includes three delicious consciously prepared gourmet vegetarian meals a day. We serve fresh locally sourced fish three evenings per week and eggs every morning for breakfast; cheese is also regularly available while our buffet always provides vegan and gluten-free options. To accommodate food restrictions and allergies there is a Pure Food option, offering veggies, grains and legumes cooked without any seasonings or oils.
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef who has a passion for vegetarian, health conscious and fresh food. Keeping up to date with the latest trends and creating regular changing menus based on the seasons.
With a fantastic support team, this if a great opportunity if you are looking for your next challenge.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Head Chef you will be skilled in all areas of the kitchen and have the ability to take charge of the daily operations. You will be creative, innovative and forward thinking with both your menus and technique. You will be a strong and respectful team leader and thrive on ensuring that every dish is to the highest standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate a strong background working in a similar position, and should have experience of managing teams as well as dealing with volume whilst maintaining consistently high standards.
As Head Chef you will be expected to understand and have experience in producing costings, working with local and seasonal produce and liaising with suppliers. You must have excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
The successful candidate will have an eye for detail and a passion for quality fresh food, as well as having an excellent knowledge of current food trends and cooking techniques.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
What we need from you?
– A minimum of 4 years experience as Sous Chef or Head Chef in a similar environment.
– Experience working in a vegetarian/vegan restaurant is preferred, but not essential.
– Competent in creating innovative dishes with fresh locally sourced seasonal produce.
– Experience in menu costing, with a solid understanding of how to control wastage.
– Food Hygiene & Health & Safety knowledge & certificates.
– Ability to prioritize & manage workloads, to effectively cope with pressured & high volume service.
– A solid understanding of stock management.
– A passion for sourcing quality fresh produce & management of your supply base.
– Have enthusiasm to empower & develop your team through mentoring & training at all levels.
– Have an eye for detail & a passion for making dishes look almost as good as they taste.
– Be a driven individual, always striving to improve & move the business forward.
– Be passionate about great tasting quality fresh food.
– Be flexible & display a proactive, ‘Can Do’ attitude.
– Spanish a must, English a plus.
Please apply by sending your curriculum to [email protected] or fill out the form below.