October 14, 2022
Blue Spirit no longer requires wearing face masks, but we support any guest or staff who choose to wear one.
Since April 1, the temporary immigration measures for entering Costa Rica – put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic – are repealed.
All commercial establishments, activities, and events can operate at 100% capacity.
Although the use of a mask is not mandatory, it is recommended to maintain the protocol of hand washing and temperature taking, as well as compliance with health protocols in each tourist activity. For further information please check the official site of the Costa Rican Tourism Board.
New Attendance Policy at Blue Spirit
Based upon the changes Blue Spirit is easing certain requirements for attending its weekly programs. We recognize that should COVID infection rates increase – this may only be a temporary respite. For now Blue Spirit does not require guests to be vaccinated to attend programs.
We will work closely with all group leaders to create a safe environment during your stay at Blue Spirit.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS At Blue Spirit
Wellbeing is at the heart of Blue Spirit’s core values. In order to provide guests and staff with the confidence and assurance that their health and safety is our top priority, we are updating our protocols weekly or as the need arises, so that any significant changes due to the spread of Covid-19 and its variants are being taken into account.
We will have everything at Blue Spirit that one should need – including the beach and natural environment to assure a restful, replenishing and healthy stay with us.
How we protect You during Your Transfer from/to the airport and Blue Spirit
• All vehicles are sanitized before and after use. All our drivers are vaccinated. Private taxis are available upon advanced request.
• Your luggage is sanitized before loading it to your shuttle or private taxi from the airport. Upon arrival, for your convenience, our helpful staff will assist in carrying it to the main lobby and place it in your room after registration.
Your Arrival and Check-In
• We encourage all guests to fill out our online Express Check In to expedite the process and decrease the time spent registering in at the Front Desk.
• If you do the check-in traditionally after arrival, we have appropriate spacing in the check-in hall. Our receptionists are separated with a protective glass barrier.
During your Stay
• Social distancing measures are embedded in all services for guest protection, including appropriate spacing during check-in, in dining, buffet line, café and classroom areas.
• If any staff member has any questionable symptoms during their shift they are sent home immediately and tested before being able to return.
• Enhanced food safety and hygiene protocols for dining – including glass barrier at buffet line to allow staff server with mask and glove to plate food choices.
• In the dining hall, a fixed placement of tables and the number of chairs for each table ensures the proper distance and spacing.
• Increased frequency of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants on all high-touch surfaces and areas such as guest rooms, dining area, common spaces, classrooms, restrooms, etc.
• Prominent placement of hand sanitizer stations throughout public and employee areas; additional hand-wash stations have been installed in the reception hall and before entering the classrooms.
• We encourage single occupancy, except for couples or known friend or family member.
• We recommend to bring your own yoga mat & yoga blanket. If you use our mats you will find disinfectant and wipes in each classroom to clean the mat after using it.
• No outside visitors will be allowed on premises to assure a safe and hermetic environment.
• Our Longevity Center offers specialized immune booster programs for your stay, if desired.
For any updates and further information please check the official site of the Costa Rican Tourism Board.